Sunday, May 13, 2012

These Things Called Words

Happy Sunday Everyone!

It is my last morning here in DC before returning home to LA. This has been a real treat to begin my blog while in the most educated city in the country!



I would like to take a moment to express my gratitude to Karin for flying me out here for 10 days. Since we have known each other for 18 years we just have an instant connection and I am honored to call her family. Who would have known that by going to a small private school for the 6th grade I would gain such a lifelong friend who constantly challenges me, encourages me, and supports me through every day.






As people who are constantly in motion, perpetually busy planning, and looking forward to accomplishing more sometimes we just need to stop it all and say "Thank You". We all come from different backgrounds, cultures, cities and countries...yet the common thread between us is L-O-V-E. Show it, but also say it. Find a way.




Upon visiting The Library of Congress I saw a quote, author unkown, that I would like to share with you:

WORDS ARE ALSO ACTIONS AND ACTIONS ARE A KIND OF WORDS



Friends, make sure no matter how busy your schedules are to just let someone who cares for you know how much you appreciate them. These words are important. Just take a moment to open up your heart and recognize all the good someone goes through for you--even when the going is rough. We all have a hidden hero holding our hearts up closely, tenderly and unfailingly. Without that we aren't even half of our selves.

Mark

1 comment: